Monday, June 11, 2007

Saint Barnabas' Church, Dunwoody, Georgia

Praised be Jesus Christ!

It is with great excitement and joy that I today announce, on the Feast of Saint Barnabas the Apostle, that I have accepted the call to serve as Curate of Saint Barnabas' Anglican Church, Dunwoody, Georgia. We expect to move to the metropolitan Atlanta area in August and I anticipate the opportunity to begin my service as soon as possible. Please keep my wife Megan, my sons Aidan and Owain and me in your prayers as we make this transition and as we prepare for a truly wonderful and challenging new parish ministry in the Diocese of the Eastern United States and the Anglican Province of America. I shall remain, with deepest thanks to Bishop Grundorf, Chairman of the Diocesan Board of Examining Chaplains. More information will be forthcoming as our plans crystallise. Thank you very much for your support and your prayers.

God bless you!

Chad+

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My the Lord bless you, your family, and your ministry!

Nicholodeon said...

'Bonitatem fecisti'

Steve Barton said...

Welcome to the neighborhood, from a Methodist around the corner from St. Barnabas.

All the best,
Steve Barton
Dunwoody, Georgia

Anonymous said...

Fr. Chad,

I was just at St. Barn's this past Sunday when I was in Atlanta for a wedding and a visit with my parents. I did not have a chance to stick around after the service and meet folks but enjoyed being there.

I have been at St. Stephen's REC in Jackson, MS since January 2002. Fr. Fred Basil has spoken warmly of you. I hope that we have an opportunity to meet in the future.

All the best to you and your family with your move and new ministry,

Jason Kranzusch

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Father!

Levi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Levi said...

Father,

Great news to hear. I will certainly miss our theological discussions at the Crazy Buffet. Hopefully we'll be able to get together before you leave. You and your family are in my prayers.

God Bless,

Levi

Kevin said...

Godspeed Chad+

Anonymous said...

While in Dunwoody do not miss the lemon-lime fest!

Archbishop Donald Arden

Apostolic Succession - our APA episcopal great-grandfather - on 30th November 1961, William James Hughes, Archbishop of Central Africa, serv...