Saturday, January 05, 2008

To Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament

HOLY CROSS TRACTS

TO JESUS IN THE BLESSED SACRAMENT.


I

O Jesus, hidden God, I cry to Thee,
O Jesus, hidden Light, I turn to Thee,
O Jesus, hidden Love, I run to Thee,
With all the strength I have, I worship Thee,
With all the love I have, I cling to Thee,
With all my soul, I long to be with Thee,
And fear no more to fail or fall from Thee.


II

O Jesus, deathless Love, who seekest me,
Thou who didst die for longing love of me,
Thou King, in all Thou beauty, come to me,
White-robed, blood-sprinkled Jesus, come to me,
And go, dear Lord, no more away from me.


III

O God, most beautiful, most priceless One,
O God, most glorious, uncreated One,
O God, eternal beatific One,
O God, O Infinite and hidden One,
O God, Immense, O God the living One,
Thou Wisdom of the everlasting One,
Thou ever-loved and ever-loving One.


IV

Make me, O holy God, Thy treasured one,
Make me, O glorious Love, Thy precious one,
Make me, O highest Good, Thy longing one,
Make me, O blessed Light, Thy chosen one,
Make me for evermore Thy loving one.


V

Where in the height of Heaven is light like Thee?
Where in the breadth of Heaven is bliss like Thee?
Where in the depth of Heaven is peace like Thee?
Where in the Home of Love is love like Thee?
With all my heart I give myself to Thee,
And waiting, wait, O King and Spouse, for Thee
Till I am one for evermore with Thee.

VI


O sweetest Jesus, bring me home to Thee,
Free me, O dearest God, from all but Thee,
And break all chains that keep me back from Thee;
Call me, O thrilling Love, I follow Thee,
Thou art my all, and I love nought but Thee.


VII

O hidden God, Who now art loving me,
O wounded Love, Who once wert dead for me,
O sun-crowned Love, Who art alive for me,
O patient Love, Who weariest not of me,
Alone of all, Thou weariest not of me,
O bear with me, till I am lost in Thee,
O bear with me, till I am found in Thee.

No comments:

Archbishop Donald Arden

Apostolic Succession - our APA episcopal great-grandfather - on 30th November 1961, William James Hughes, Archbishop of Central Africa, serv...