Friday, December 19, 2008

Ordination to the Sacred Priesthood - 21 December 1996

The photo of my first priestly blessing on the Feast of Saint Thomas the Apostle, also the Ember Saturday in Advent, 21 December 1996. Ordained by the Most Reverend John Thayer Cahoon Junior, Bishop Ordinary of the Mid-Atlantic States, at Saint Paul's Anglican Catholic Church, Lexington, Virginia, I am here shown blessing my mother Jo Anne. My first Holy Mass was celebrated the next day, the Fourth Sunday in Advent. This Sunday, Advent IV 2008, marks the twelfth anniversary of my ordination as a Priest in Christ's One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

My brother Brandon, interestingly, was ordained to the Sacred Order of Deacons on the anniversary of my First Mass, 22 December 2007. He celebrates his first anniversary of ordination on Monday. Also, interestingly, the other Father Jones celebrated his First Mass on 8 June 2008, the twelfth anniversary of my ordination to the Diaconate. Providence, certainly not coincidence.

Please pray for us and for our fulfillment of the holy Will of God in our vocations. God bless you!

1 comment:

J. Gordon Anderson said...

Congratulations on 12 years of ordained ministry!

Reflection: The 2024 APA Clergy Retreat on G3 Unity

Reflection: The 2024 APA Clergy Retreat on G3 Unity