Saturday, March 07, 2009

Rector of Saint Barnabas Church, Dunwoody, Georgia

Praised be Jesus Christ!

It is with the greatest delight, elation, excitement and joy that I today announce that I have accepted the call to serve as the fourth Rector of Saint Barnabas Anglican Church, Dunwoody, Georgia. Please keep my wife Megan, my sons Aidan and Owain, and me in your prayers as we make this important transition and as we prepare for a truly wonderful and challenging new parish ministry in the Diocese of the Eastern United States and the Anglican Province of America. I especially wish to offer my deepest thanks to my dear friend and brother the Reverend Canon William R. Weston and his wonderful wife Valerie, the Vestry and Wardens of Saint Barnabas, and our faithful parishioners for their unconditional love and support. My election as Rector has been one of the greatest experiences of Christian charity and friendship I have ever been graced to receive, and I shall be eternally grateful. Elected on 17 February, I formally accepted the call on 1 March, and I begin officially on 16 March. Thank you very much for your support and your prayers.

God bless you!
Jesus mercy, Mary pray.

Chad+

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best wishes!

Please do not give up your blog as your responsibilities increase.

Richard Palmer

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I know you will perform your duties as Rector well from my own personal experiences with you. May God Bless and richly reward you and your family as you start out on this new calling.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful news! Congratulations & Warm Wishes to you and to your family and to everyone at Saint Barnabas!

Unknown said...

Congratulations my friend. I know you have looked forward to this for some time. That little church has no idea what an incredibly good decision they have just made.

Fernando Santos

J. Gordon Anderson said...

Congratulations! They are blessed to go from one devoted and loving rector to another! May God bless your ministry as rector.

Anonymous said...

Fr. Jones +,

Congratulations on your new home!

Though I'm not an Anglo-Catholic, I truly enjoy reading your blog and I find the discussions edifying.

May God bless you and your family in your new ministry.

Pax, + Sam

The Rt. Rev. Sam Seamans, Suffragan
United Episcopal Church
of North America (UECNA)

The Most Reverend Chandler Holder Jones, SSC said...

Dear Bishop,

Thank you for reading and God bless you!

Reflection: The 2024 APA Clergy Retreat on G3 Unity

Reflection: The 2024 APA Clergy Retreat on G3 Unity